Code App Documentation
Code App is a MIT-licensed desktop-class code editor for iPadOS with built-in Node.js, Python, C, C++, PHP runtime.
We built it because there is nothing else on the App Store provides all these features in one app:
- A robust, high-performance text editor (Monaco Editor from Visual Studio Code)
- First class local file system support
- Embedded emulated terminal
- Local backend development environment (Node and PHP)
- Local Python Runtime
- Local Clang compiler
- Git Version Control
- Package manager support (Pip and NPM)
- Remote connection support (Files and terminal)
Good to know: While we want to make the editing experience as close as a desktop offers, Code App is still bounded by iOS's limitations. For example, you cannot download arbitary commands or modules with native components. Spawning subprocesses is also not possible.
Compiling a C++ file with Clang
You can either install the app from App Store or TestFlight.
Or if you'd like to get your hands dirty (Requires a Mac with Xcode installed) :
Follow these guides to get started on the basics: